To prepare muffins that taste like a brownie, follow this delicious recipe:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners or lightly grease the muffin cups.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, sift together the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Sifting helps to remove lumps and aerates the dry ingredients for a lighter texture.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk the melted butter and granulated sugar until well combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, whisking after each addition. Then, stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients, alternating with sour cream and milk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients, and gently fold the mixture together until just combined. Avoid over-mixing, as it can result in tough muffins.
- Stir in the semisweet chocolate chips. The batter should be thick and lumpy.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup about 3/4 full.
- Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for approximately 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out with a few moist crumbs (not wet batter).
- Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool in the muffin tin for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, you can enjoy these delicious brownie-like muffins with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee.
These muffins are perfect for breakfast, brunch, or as a tasty dessert. Enjoy!