Honey Butter Skillet Corn is a delicious and easy-to-make side dish. Here’s a simple recipe to prepare it:
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels (about 4-5 ears of corn)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (optional, adjust to taste)
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (optional, for garnish)
- Prepare the corn: If using fresh corn, husk the ears of corn and remove the kernels by running a sharp knife down the sides. If using frozen corn, allow it to thaw before cooking.
- Heat the skillet: Place a large skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add butter and honey: Once the skillet is hot, add the butter and let it melt. Then, add the honey to the skillet and stir until the butter and honey are well combined.
- Cook the corn: Add the corn kernels to the skillet and stir them to coat them evenly with the honey butter mixture. Spread the corn in an even layer in the skillet.
- Sauté the corn: Cook the corn for about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. You want the corn to become slightly tender and have a light golden color from the honey butter mixture.
- Season the corn: Season the corn with salt and black pepper (if using). Adjust the seasoning to your taste preferences.
- Garnish and serve: If desired, sprinkle chopped fresh parsley over the corn for added freshness and color. Transfer the Honey Butter Skillet Corn to a serving dish and serve hot.
This recipe serves about 4 people as a side dish. You can easily scale the ingredients up or down based on your needs. Enjoy the sweet and savory goodness of Honey Butter Skillet Corn!