Deviled Egg Pasta is a delightful and unique pasta dish inspired by the flavors of deviled eggs. It’s a simple and tasty recipe that combines pasta with a creamy, tangy, and slightly spicy sauce reminiscent of traditional deviled egg filling. This dish is perfect for picnics, potlucks, or any time you want to try something different!
Here’s a basic recipe to get you started:
- 8 ounces (about 225 grams) pasta (penne, fusilli, or any pasta shape you prefer)
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika or chili powder (for a hint of spiciness)
- Chopped fresh chives or green onions for garnish (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the finely chopped hard-boiled eggs, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, white vinegar or lemon juice, salt, black pepper, and paprika or chili powder. Mix everything together until well combined.
- Add the cooked and drained pasta to the egg mixture. Gently toss the pasta with the sauce until it is evenly coated.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed, adding more salt, pepper, or other seasonings to suit your preference.
- If you’d like, garnish the Deviled Egg Pasta with chopped fresh chives or green onions for some extra color and flavor.
- Serve the Deviled Egg Pasta either warm or chilled, depending on your preference.
Note: Feel free to get creative and add other ingredients to the pasta, such as diced celery, red bell peppers, or chopped pickles, to enhance the texture and flavors.
Enjoy your Deviled Egg Pasta, and savor the unique combination of pasta and deviled egg goodness!