Kool-Aid Pie is a simple and delicious dessert that’s easy to prepare. Here’s a basic recipe for Kool-Aid Pie:
- 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 packet (0.13 oz) of unsweetened Kool-Aid drink mix (choose your favorite flavor)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (8 oz) container of frozen whipped topping (such as Cool Whip), thawed
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust or pie shell
- Start by allowing the cream cheese to come to room temperature to soften. This will make it easier to blend.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese and the entire packet of unsweetened Kool-Aid drink mix. You can choose your favorite Kool-Aid flavor to create the desired taste and color for your pie.
- Use an electric mixer or a hand whisk to blend the cream cheese and Kool-Aid until they are well combined and smooth.
- Gradually add the granulated sugar to the cream cheese and Kool-Aid mixture. Continue to mix until the sugar is fully incorporated and the mixture becomes creamy and smooth.
- Carefully fold in the thawed container of whipped topping (e.g., Cool Whip) into the cream cheese mixture. Use a gentle folding motion to combine the two until no streaks remain.
- Once your filling is ready, pour it into a prepared graham cracker crust or pie shell. You can use a store-bought crust or make your own by crushing graham crackers and mixing them with melted butter.
- Smooth the top of the pie filling with a spatula or the back of a spoon to make it even.
- Place the pie in the refrigerator and let it chill for at least 4 hours or until it’s set. It’s even better if you can leave it to chill overnight.
- Before serving, you can garnish your Kool-Aid Pie with additional whipped topping, fresh fruit, or a sprinkle of Kool-Aid powder for a pop of color.
- Slice and serve your Kool-Aid Pie, and enjoy!
This pie is a fun and colorful treat that’s perfect for summer or any time you want a refreshing dessert. Feel free to experiment with different Kool-Aid flavors to create various colors and tastes for your pie.