- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- Whipped cream (optional, for serving)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9-inch (23 cm) pie dish or a similar-sized baking dish.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the melted butter and sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Add the all-purpose flour and mix until it forms a smooth batter.
- Gradually add the milk, continuing to mix as you pour it in. The mixture should be smooth and well combined.
- Stir in the shredded coconut.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, vanilla extract, salt, and ground nutmeg (if using) until well combined.
- Slowly pour the egg mixture into the coconut mixture while stirring continuously. Mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the greased pie dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 45-50 minutes or until the pie is set and the top is golden brown. To check for doneness, insert a toothpick or knife into the center; it should come out clean when the pie is done.
- Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. You can serve it warm or at room temperature.
- Optionally, top each slice with a dollop of whipped cream before serving.
Enjoy your homemade Impossible Coconut Pie! It’s a delightful dessert that’s easy to prepare and sure to be a hit with coconut lovers.