Sure, here’s a recipe for Potato Green Chile Tacos:
For the Potato Filling:
- 3 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chilies
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil (olive or vegetable)
For the Tacos:
- Small corn or flour tortillas
- Shredded lettuce or cabbage
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Crumbled queso fresco or shredded cheese (optional)
- Lime wedges
- Prepare the Potato Filling:
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and sauté until they become translucent.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Add the diced potatoes to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until they start to brown and become tender. This should take about 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle cumin powder, paprika, salt, and pepper over the potatoes. Stir to coat the potatoes evenly.
- Add the diced green chilies and continue cooking for an additional 2-3 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld. Adjust seasoning if needed. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Warm the Tortillas:
- Heat the tortillas on a dry skillet or in the microwave according to the package instructions. Keep them warm in a cloth or tortilla warmer.
- Assemble the Tacos:
- Take a warm tortilla and place a spoonful of the potato green chile filling in the center.
- Top with shredded lettuce or cabbage, chopped cilantro, and crumbled queso fresco or shredded cheese if using.
- Serve the tacos with lime wedges on the side for squeezing over the tacos before eating.
These Potato Green Chile Tacos are flavorful and versatile. You can also customize them by adding other toppings like salsa, diced tomatoes, avocado slices, or a drizzle of sour cream. Enjoy your homemade tacos!