Taco stuffed shells are a delicious fusion dish combining Italian and Mexican flavors
- 1 pound (450g) ground beef or turkey
- 1 package (1 ounce) taco seasoning mix
- 1 ½ cups salsa
- 4 ounces (113g) cream cheese, softened
- 20 jumbo pasta shells, cooked according to package instructions and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: diced tomatoes, chopped cilantro, sliced green onions, sour cream
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Prepare the Filling: In a skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef or turkey until it’s no longer pink. Drain any excess grease. Add the taco seasoning mix and salsa to the cooked meat. Stir well and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Add Cream Cheese: Once the meat mixture is cooked, add the softened cream cheese. Stir until the cream cheese is fully incorporated and the mixture is creamy. Remove from heat.
- Stuff the Shells: Take each cooked pasta shell and fill it generously with the taco meat mixture. Arrange the stuffed shells in a baking dish.
- Top with Cheese: Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the stuffed shells.
- Bake: Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the shells are heated through.
- Serve: Once done, remove from the oven. Garnish with diced tomatoes, chopped cilantro, sliced green onions, or any other toppings you prefer. Serve the taco stuffed shells warm.
- You can add a layer of refried beans at the bottom of the baking dish before arranging the stuffed shells for extra flavor.
- Feel free to customize the filling by adding diced onions, bell peppers, or black beans to the meat mixture for added texture and taste.
- Adjust the seasoning according to your taste preferences. You can make your own taco seasoning blend if preferred.
Enjoy your taco stuffed shells! They make a delightful and unique dish for gatherings or a cozy family dinner.