Certainly, I can help you with that! Here’s a simple and delicious recipe for roasted sweet potatoes:
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (optional, for extra flavor)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- Fresh herbs (such as rosemary or thyme), chopped (optional)
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Peel and Cut: Wash and peel the sweet potatoes. Cut them into evenly sized cubes or wedges. The smaller you cut them, the quicker they’ll cook.
- Season: In a large bowl, toss the sweet potato cubes with olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. Make sure the sweet potato pieces are evenly coated with the seasonings.
- Spread on a Baking Sheet: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it. Spread the seasoned sweet potato cubes in a single layer on the baking sheet. This ensures they cook evenly and get crispy.
- Roast: Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and roast for about 25-35 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are tender and golden brown. Halfway through the cooking time, give the sweet potatoes a gentle stir to ensure even cooking.
- Check for Doneness: Test for doneness by inserting a fork or knife into a sweet potato cube. It should go in easily without much resistance.
- Serve: Once the sweet potatoes are cooked to your desired level of tenderness, remove them from the oven. If you’re using fresh herbs, sprinkle them over the roasted sweet potatoes while they’re still hot.
- Enjoy: Serve the roasted sweet potatoes as a side dish with your favorite main course. They’re also delicious on their own or with a dipping sauce.
Feel free to customize this recipe to your preferences. You can experiment with different seasonings, add a drizzle of honey for extra sweetness, or even sprinkle some nuts or seeds on top for added crunch. Enjoy your homemade roasted sweet potatoes!