Sure, here’s a recipe for Easy Churro Chex Mix:
- 4 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 1 cup mini pretzels
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Prep Ingredients:
- Measure out the Corn Chex cereal and mini pretzels and set them aside in a large mixing bowl.
- Prepare the Cinnamon-Sugar Mixture:
- In a small bowl, mix together the granulated sugar and ground cinnamon. This will be used to coat the Chex mix.
- Melt the Butter:
- In a microwave-safe bowl or on the stovetop, melt the unsalted butter until fully liquid.
- Combine Ingredients:
- Pour the melted butter over the Chex cereal and pretzels in the large mixing bowl. Gently toss to coat the cereal and pretzels with the butter.
- Add Cinnamon-Sugar Coating:
- Sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar mixture over the coated cereal and pretzels. Again, gently toss to ensure an even distribution of the cinnamon-sugar coating.
- Bake the Mix:
- Preheat your oven to 250°F (120°C).
- Spread the coated Chex mix onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. This will help prevent sticking and make cleanup easier.
- Bake the Chex mix in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to ensure even coating and prevent burning.
- Add Vanilla Extract:
- After baking, remove the Chex mix from the oven and drizzle the vanilla extract over it. Gently toss to incorporate the vanilla flavor.
- Cool and Finish:
- Allow the Chex mix to cool completely on the baking sheet. As it cools, it will become crisp.
- Powdered Sugar Coating:
- Once the mix is fully cooled, transfer it to a large resealable plastic bag. Add the powdered sugar to the bag.
- Shake and Serve:
- Seal the bag and shake it vigorously to coat the Chex mix with powdered sugar.
- Pour the Easy Churro Chex Mix into a serving bowl and enjoy!
This Easy Churro Chex Mix is a delightful snack with the flavors of churros and the crunch of Chex cereal. It’s perfect for parties, movie nights, or any time you’re craving a sweet and cinnamon-spiced treat.