Pillsbury’s Crescent Roll Taco Bake is a delicious and simple dish that combines the flavors of tacos with the convenience of crescent roll dough. Here’s how you can prepare it:
- 1 lb ground beef (or ground turkey/chicken)
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 can (16 oz) Pillsbury Crescent Roll dough
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or a Mexican blend)
- Optional toppings: chopped tomatoes, diced onions, sliced black olives, sour cream, chopped cilantro, etc.
- Preheat the oven: Preheat your oven according to the instructions on the Pillsbury Crescent Roll package, usually around 375°F (190°C).
- Cook the ground beef: In a skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef until it’s browned and cooked through. Break it up into smaller pieces as it cooks. Drain any excess grease from the skillet.
- Add taco seasoning: Stir in the taco seasoning mix and follow the package instructions for adding water, if required. Let the mixture simmer for a few minutes until the flavors are well combined.
- Add tomato sauce and chilies: Pour in the tomato sauce and add the chopped green chilies. Mix everything together and let it simmer for another couple of minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Prepare the crescent roll base: Open the can of Pillsbury Crescent Roll dough and unroll it. Lay the crescent roll dough flat in a greased baking dish. Press the seams together to seal them and create a solid base.
- Layer the taco mixture: Spread the taco meat mixture evenly over the crescent roll base.
- Add cheese: Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese (or Mexican cheese blend) over the taco meat layer.
- Top with more crescent roll dough: If desired, you can place another layer of unrolled crescent roll dough on top of the cheese to create a top crust. Alternatively, you can leave it open-faced with just the bottom crust.
- Bake: Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake according to the crescent roll package instructions, usually for about 15-20 minutes or until the crescent roll dough is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve: Once baked, remove the dish from the oven and let it cool slightly before cutting into portions. You can top individual servings with optional toppings like chopped tomatoes, diced onions, sliced black olives, sour cream, and chopped cilantro.
- Enjoy: Serve the Pillsbury’s Crescent Roll Taco Bake while it’s still warm and enjoy this flavorful and easy-to-make dish!
Remember to adjust cooking times and temperatures based on your oven and the specific Pillsbury Crescent Roll package instructions.