Certainly! Here’s a simple recipe for low-carb cheese bread that you can try. This recipe uses almond flour as a substitute for traditional flour to keep the carb content low while maintaining a delicious cheesy flavor.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (low-moisture, part-skim)
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 3 large eggs
- Optional: 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon dried herbs (such as oregano or thyme), for added flavor
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the shredded mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until the cheeses are melted and well combined. This usually takes about 1-2 minutes.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk the almond flour, baking powder, and salt together. If you’re using optional seasonings like garlic powder or dried herbs, add them to the dry mixture.
- Beat 2 of the eggs into the dry mixture until a crumbly dough forms.
- Pour the melted cheese mixture into the dough and mix thoroughly until it becomes a uniform dough.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and shape them into bread-like forms on the prepared baking sheet. You can make rolls or a loaf shape, as you prefer.
- Beat the remaining egg and brush it over the top of the shaped dough. This will give the bread a nice golden color when baked.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and allow the bread to cool slightly before slicing and serving.
- Enjoy your low-carb cheese bread as a snack, side dish, or even as a base for making sandwiches.
Remember, the nutrition information may vary based on the specific brands of ingredients you use, so it’s a good idea to calculate the nutritional values if you’re closely tracking your carb intake. This low-carb cheese bread is a great option for those following a low-carb or keto lifestyle.