I can certainly help you with a basic meatloaf recipe similar to the style of Cracker Barrel. Please note that this recipe is not an exact replica of Cracker Barrel’s recipe, as their exact recipe is not publicly available. However, this recipe should give you a delicious meatloaf that’s reminiscent of their style.
For the meatloaf:
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
For the topping:
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix the Meatloaf Mixture:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, chopped onion, milk, eggs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme, sage, and parsley.
- Mix everything together until well combined. You can use your hands or a spoon for this.
- Shape the Meatloaf:
- Shape the mixture into a loaf shape and place it in a baking dish or on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Prepare the Topping:
- In a small bowl, mix together the ketchup, brown sugar, and yellow mustard until well combined.
- Top the Meatloaf:
- Spread the topping mixture evenly over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake the Meatloaf:
- Place the meatloaf in the preheated oven and bake for about 1 hour, or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F (70°C) on a meat thermometer.
- Rest and Serve:
- Once cooked, remove the meatloaf from the oven and let it rest for about 10 minutes before slicing. This helps the juices redistribute and makes slicing easier.
- Slice and Serve:
- Slice the meatloaf and serve it with your favorite sides, such as mashed potatoes, gravy, and vegetables.
Please note that the provided recipe is a basic version inspired by the flavors of Cracker Barrel’s meatloaf. If you’re looking for the exact flavor of Cracker Barrel’s meatloaf, you might need to experiment with additional ingredients and techniques to achieve that specific taste.
Enjoy your homemade meatloaf!