A 7-Layer Taco Dip is a popular and delicious appetizer that features layers of flavorful ingredients. Here’s a basic recipe to get you started:
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup guacamole (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- Optional: Jalapeño slices for extra heat
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- In a small bowl, mix the refried beans with half of the taco seasoning packet until well combined. This will be your first layer.
- In another bowl, mix the sour cream with the remaining half of the taco seasoning packet. This will be your second layer.
- Choose a serving dish or platter with a flat bottom. Starting with the bean mixture, spread it evenly as the bottom layer of the dish.
- Next, layer the guacamole over the beans. You can gently spread it out using a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Pour the salsa over the guacamole, spreading it out evenly to create the third layer.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the salsa for the fourth layer.
- Layer on the sliced black olives as the fifth layer.
- Add the chopped green onions as the sixth layer.
- Finally, sprinkle the diced tomatoes and jalapeño slices (if using) over the green onions to create the seventh layer.
- Cover the dip with plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Just before serving, arrange tortilla chips around the dip for dipping.
- Serve the 7-Layer Taco Dip and enjoy!
Feel free to customize this recipe by adding or omitting ingredients according to your taste preferences. You can also adjust the quantities of each layer to suit the size of your serving dish. Enjoy your delicious 7-Layer Taco Dip as a crowd-pleasing appetizer at your next gathering!