Pork Chops with Shell Potatoes Recipe
- 4 pork chops
- 4-6 medium-sized shell potatoes, washed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (or 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup chicken broth or white wine (optional)
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Season the Pork Chops: Pat the pork chops dry with paper towels. Season them on both sides with salt, pepper, and half of the minced garlic.
- Sear the Pork Chops: In an oven-safe skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and sear them for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until nicely browned. Remove the pork chops from the skillet and set them aside.
- Sauté the Potatoes: In the same skillet, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the halved shell potatoes, remaining minced garlic, and dried thyme. Sauté the potatoes for about 5-6 minutes, or until they start to turn golden brown.
- Combine and Bake: Push the potatoes to the sides of the skillet and place the seared pork chops back in the center. If using, pour in the chicken broth or white wine around the pork chops. Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until the pork chops are cooked through and the potatoes are tender.
- Check for Doneness: Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the pork chops. They should reach an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C).
- Garnish and Serve: Once done, remove the skillet from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley before serving.
- Serve: Serve the pork chops with the sautéed shell potatoes, drizzle any pan juices over the top, and enjoy!
Feel free to customize the recipe by adding your favorite herbs or spices to the pork chops or potatoes. You can also add some sautéed vegetables or a side salad to make it a complete meal. Enjoy your delicious Pork Chops with Shell Potatoes!