Sure, here’s a recipe for Baked Garlic Parmesan Fries:
- 4 large russet potatoes, washed and peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven: Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Prepare the potatoes: Cut the peeled potatoes into thin, uniform strips, resembling fries. Try to make them as evenly sized as possible to ensure even baking.
- Soak the potatoes: Place the cut potatoes in a bowl of cold water and let them soak for about 30 minutes. This will help remove excess starch and make the fries crispier.
- Dry the potatoes: After soaking, drain the potatoes and pat them dry using paper towels or a clean kitchen towel.
- Season the potatoes: In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, minced garlic, dried oregano, dried basil, salt, and black pepper. Add the dried potatoes to the bowl and toss them gently to coat them evenly with the oil and seasoning mixture
- Arrange on a baking sheet: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it with cooking spray. Arrange the seasoned potato strips on the baking sheet in a single layer, ensuring they are not too crowded to allow for even baking.
- Bake in the oven: Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until the fries are golden brown and crispy. Be sure to flip the fries halfway through the baking time to ensure even cooking.
- Add Parmesan cheese: About 5 minutes before the fries are done, sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese over the top. Return the baking sheet to the oven and let the cheese melt and slightly brown.
- Garnish and serve: Once the fries are done, remove them from the oven and transfer them to a serving platter. Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley for an extra burst of flavor and color.
- Serve hot: These Baked Garlic Parmesan Fries are best served immediately while they’re still hot and crispy. You can enjoy them as a delicious appetizer, side dish, or snack.
Feel free to adjust the seasoning and cheese quantities according to your taste preferences. Enjoy your homemade Baked Garlic Parmesan Fries!