To prepare a delicious Cinnamon & Sugar Donut recipe, follow these simple steps:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (for coating)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (for coating)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the milk, melted butter, egg, and vanilla extract until everything is well incorporated.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until you have a smooth batter. Be careful not to overmix.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the batter for about 30 minutes. This will help it firm up and make it easier to handle.
- In a heavy-bottomed pot or deep fryer, heat vegetable oil to 350°F (175°C).
- While the oil is heating, prepare a plate lined with paper towels for draining the donuts after frying.
- Combine the 1/2 cup of granulated sugar and 1 tsp of ground cinnamon in a shallow bowl or plate. This mixture will be used to coat the donuts after frying.
- Once the batter has chilled, take it out of the refrigerator. Using a spoon or a small ice cream scoop, carefully drop portions of the batter into the hot oil. Fry in batches, making sure not to overcrowd the pot.
- Fry each donut for about 2-3 minutes per side or until they turn golden brown. Use a slotted spoon or a spider skimmer to remove the donuts from the oil and transfer them to the paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
- While the donuts are still warm, gently roll them in the cinnamon-sugar mixture until they are coated on all sides.
- Repeat the frying and coating process with the remaining batter until all the donuts are done.
- Serve the freshly made Cinnamon & Sugar Donuts warm and enjoy!
Note: These donuts are best when consumed the same day they are made. You can also get creative and add your own twist by filling them with jam, cream, or any other delicious filling of your choice. Enjoy your homemade donuts!