Asparagus Casserole with Cheese is a delicious and easy-to-prepare dish that combines gouda asparagus with a creamy and cheesy sauce. Here’s a simple recipe for this delicious casserole:
450g fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into small pieces
2 cups grated cheddar cheese (you can use a mix of cheddar and mozzarella for more creaminess)
1 cup of mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 minced garlic cloves
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup rusk (preferably panko) for garnish
2 tablespoons of melted butter
- Preheat the oven at 175 degrees Celsius.
- In a large saucepan, bring salted water to a boil. Add the sliced and trimmed asparagus and boil for 2-3 minutes, or until bright green and slightly tender. Drain the asparagus and set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the grated cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, grated Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix everything until well combined, creating a creamy cheese sauce.
- Add the blanched asparagus to the cheese sauce and toss gently until the asparagus is evenly coated.
- Transfer the asparagus-cheese mixture to a buttered casserole dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix the breadcrumbs and melted butter until the breadcrumbs are evenly coated with the butter.
- Sprinkle the buttered breadcrumbs over the asparagus mixture in the casserole.
- Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and the cheese sauce is bubbling and hot.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
Serve this cheesy asparagus casserole as a delicious side dish or even as a main course with a salad on the side. Enjoy your cheesy and delicious creation!