Sure, I can provide you with a recipe for Sausage Cream Cheese Crescents. This is a delicious and easy appetizer or snack that combines the flavors of sausage and cream cheese wrapped in flaky crescent dough. Here’s how you can prepare it:
- 1 package (8 oz) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 lb ground sausage (pork or turkey)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray or parchment paper
- Preheat your oven to the temperature specified on the crescent roll package (usually around 375°F or 190°C).
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the ground sausage, breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks. If you’re using onions and garlic, add them to the skillet and sauté until the onions are soft and translucent, and the sausage is fully cooked. Add the dried thyme, salt, and pepper for extra flavor. Once cooked, remove the skillet from heat and let it cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese with the cooked sausage mixture. Stir well until the cream cheese and sausage are evenly mixed.
- Open the package of crescent rolls and separate the dough into triangles as indicated. If needed, lightly flour your work surface to prevent sticking.
- Spoon a generous tablespoon of the sausage cream cheese mixture onto the wide end of each crescent roll triangle.
- Carefully roll up each crescent, starting from the wide end and rolling towards the pointed end. Make sure to tuck in the sides to prevent the filling from leaking out during baking.
- Place the rolled-up crescents on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or lightly coated with cooking spray. Make sure they are spaced apart to allow for even baking.
- Bake the crescents in the preheated oven for the time indicated on the crescent roll package or until they turn golden brown and are fully cooked.
- Once baked, remove the crescents from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving.
These Sausage Cream Cheese Crescents are best enjoyed warm, and they make for a delightful appetizer or party snack. You can also serve them with your favorite dipping sauce, such as marinara, ranch dressing, or spicy mustard, for added flavor.*