To prepare Old-Fashioned Pancakes, you’ll need the following ingredients and step-by-step instructions:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Butter or oil for greasing the pan
- Preheat the Griddle or Pan: If you have an electric griddle, preheat it to 375°F (190°C). If you’re using a stovetop pan, place it over medium heat.
- Combine Dry Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and granulated sugar until well combined.
- Mix in Wet Ingredients: In a separate bowl, beat the egg, then add the milk and melted butter. Mix well.
- Combine Wet and Dry Ingredients: Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir the mixture gently with a whisk or wooden spoon until just combined. It’s okay if there are a few lumps in the batter.
- Prep the Griddle or Pan: Grease the griddle or pan with a small amount of butter or oil. If using a stovetop pan, make sure it’s evenly coated.
- Cooking the Pancakes: Pour about 1/4 cup of pancake batter onto the griddle for each pancake. If your griddle is large enough, you can cook multiple pancakes at once, but leave some space between them to avoid sticking together.
- Cooking Time: Cook the pancakes for about 1-2 minutes on the first side or until bubbles start to form on the surface and the edges begin to look set.
- Flip the Pancakes: Carefully flip each pancake using a spatula and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes on the other side. The pancakes should be golden brown and cooked through.
- Keep Warm: As each batch of pancakes is done, you can keep them warm in a preheated oven at around 200°F (95°C) until you finish cooking all the batter.
- Serve: Once all the pancakes are cooked, serve them hot with your favorite toppings such as maple syrup, honey, fresh fruits, whipped cream, or even a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
Enjoy your delicious Old-Fashioned Pancakes!
Note: Feel free to adjust the sweetness or add flavors like vanilla extract or cinnamon if you prefer. Pancakes are a versatile breakfast treat that you can personalize to your liking.