Frozen fruit salad is a refreshing and easy-to-make dessert that’s perfect for hot summer days. Here’s a simple recipe to prepare it:
- 4 cups of mixed frozen fruits (such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, pineapple chunks, and peaches)
- 1 cup of mini marshmallows
- 1 cup of whipped cream or whipped topping (like Cool Whip)
- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt (plain or flavored, like vanilla)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (optional, for added sweetness)
- Thaw the frozen fruits: If the fruits are individually frozen, place them in a large bowl and let them sit at room temperature for about 15-20 minutes until they partially thaw. This will make them easier to mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine the whipped cream or whipped topping with the Greek yogurt. If you prefer a sweeter salad, add a tablespoon of honey and mix well.
- Add the partially thawed fruits to the whipped cream and yogurt mixture.
- Gently fold the fruits and cream together until they are evenly coated. Try not to overmix, as the fruits might become too mushy.
- Add the mini marshmallows to the mixture and fold them in as well. They will add some extra sweetness and a delightful texture to the salad.
- If the mixture seems too soft, you can place it in the refrigerator for about 15-20 minutes to firm up a bit before serving.
- Once the frozen fruit salad is ready, you can serve it immediately or transfer it to an airtight container and store it in the freezer for a few hours to become firmer.
- When serving, you can garnish the frozen fruit salad with additional fruits, chopped nuts, or a drizzle of honey, if desired.
Enjoy your refreshing and delicious frozen fruit salad! It’s a perfect treat for any summer gathering or as a sweet ending to a meal.