A Triple Chocolate Cheesecake is a delicious and decadent dessert that combines the flavors of chocolate with the creamy richness of cheesecake. Here’s a recipe to guide you through the preparation process:
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs (about 20-25 chocolate sandwich cookies)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the cheesecake filling:
- 24 ounces (680g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces (226g) semi-sweet chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
For the chocolate ganache topping:
- 4 ounces (113g) semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
For garnish (optional):
- Chocolate shavings or curls
- Fresh raspberries or strawberries
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch (23cm) springform pan with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- Prepare the crust: In a medium bowl, mix the chocolate cookie crumbs and melted butter until the crumbs are evenly coated. Press the mixture into the bottom of the springform pan, creating an even layer. You can use the back of a spoon or the bottom of a glass to pack it down firmly. Set the crust aside.
- Make the cheesecake filling: In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese and granulated sugar together until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate: You can do this in the microwave by heating the chocolate in short intervals, stirring in between until it’s melted and smooth. Allow it to cool slightly before adding it to the cheesecake batter.
- Add the melted chocolate, cocoa powder, sour cream, and heavy cream to the cream cheese mixture. Mix until everything is well combined and the batter is smooth and velvety.
- Pour the cheesecake batter over the prepared crust in the springform pan. Smooth the top with a spatula to create an even surface.
- Bake the cheesecake: Place the springform pan on a baking sheet and bake it in the preheated oven for about 55 to 60 minutes, or until the edges are set and the center is slightly jiggly. The cheesecake will continue to set as it cools.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then, run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the cheesecake. This will help prevent cracking as it cools.
- Let the cheesecake cool to room temperature before transferring it to the refrigerator. Chill it for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight, to allow it to set completely.
- Prepare the chocolate ganache topping: Place the finely chopped semi-sweet chocolate in a heatproof bowl. In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream until it starts to simmer (do not boil). Pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate and let it sit for a minute. Stir the mixture until the chocolate is completely melted and you have a smooth ganache.
- Once the cheesecake is fully chilled and set, pour the chocolate ganache over the top, spreading it evenly with a spatula.
- If desired, garnish the cheesecake with chocolate shavings or curls and fresh raspberries or strawberries.
- Slice the Triple Chocolate Cheesecake and serve it to your delighted guests!
Enjoy your rich and indulgent Triple Chocolate Cheesecake! It’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser for any chocolate lover.*