A Milk Butter Pie is a delicious dessert that combines creamy milk, butter, and a flaky pie crust. It’s a simple yet delightful treat to make. Below is a basic recipe to help you prepare a Milk Butter Pie:
- 1 pie crust (you can use a store-bought one or make your own)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Whipped cream or ice cream (optional, for serving)
- Preheat your oven: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Prepare the pie crust: If you’re using a store-bought pie crust, follow the instructions on the package for pre-baking the crust. If you’re making your own pie crust, roll it out and place it into a 9-inch pie dish. Crimp the edges for a decorative look.
- Melt the butter: In a saucepan, melt the unsalted butter over medium heat until it turns golden brown and has a nutty aroma. Stir occasionally to prevent burning. Once browned, remove the pan from the heat and let it cool slightly.
- Prepare the filling: In a mixing bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, all-purpose flour, and a pinch of salt. Slowly pour in the whole milk, stirring continuously to create a smooth mixture. Add the browned butter and vanilla extract, and mix until well combined.
- Fill the pie crust: Pour the milk and butter filling into the prepared pie crust, spreading it evenly.
- Bake the pie: Place the pie in the preheated oven and bake for about 40 to 45 minutes, or until the filling is set and the top has a lovely golden color.
- Cool and serve: Once the pie is done baking, remove it from the oven and let it cool to room temperature. You can serve it as is or top it with whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream for added indulgence.
- Enjoy! Slice the Milk Butter Pie and savor the deliciousness!
Note: If you find that the edges of your pie crust are browning too quickly during baking, you can cover them with aluminum foil to prevent burning.
Remember that recipes can be adapted to personal preferences, so feel free to add your creative twist to this classic Milk Butter Pie recipe.