Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts are a delicious and easy side dish. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to prepare them:
- 1 pound (about 450g) Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Optional: red pepper flakes for a little heat
- Optional: chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat your oven: Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Prepare the Brussels sprouts: Start by trimming the ends of the Brussels sprouts and cutting them in half lengthwise. If they’re very large, you can quarter them. Remove any loose or yellowing leaves.
- Season the sprouts: In a large mixing bowl, combine the halved Brussels sprouts with olive oil, minced garlic, salt, and black pepper. You can also add a pinch of red pepper flakes at this stage if you want a bit of spice.
- Toss to coat: Toss the Brussels sprouts well to ensure they are evenly coated with the olive oil and seasonings.
- Arrange on a baking sheet: Spread the Brussels sprouts out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Make sure they’re not too crowded; this allows them to roast evenly.
- Roast in the oven: Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and roast for about 25-30 minutes or until the Brussels sprouts are tender and nicely caramelized. You can stir them or shake the pan once or twice during roasting to ensure even cooking.
- Add Parmesan cheese: About 5 minutes before the Brussels sprouts are done roasting, sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese evenly over the top.
- Finish roasting: Return the pan to the oven for the remaining 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and lightly golden brown.
- Serve: Remove the roasted Brussels sprouts from the oven and let them cool for a minute or two. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley if desired.
- Enjoy: Serve your Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts hot as a side dish. They make a wonderful accompaniment to various main courses, such as roasted chicken or grilled steak.
These Brussels sprouts are flavorful, tender on the inside, and crispy on the outside, making them a tasty and healthy addition to your meal.