Steak Cheese Steak Quesadillas are a delicious and satisfying dish that combines the flavors of a classic Philly cheesesteak with the convenience of a quesadilla. Here’s how to prepare them:
For the Steak:
- 1 pound of thinly sliced ribeye steak (you can also use sirloin or flank steak)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for cooking
For the Quesadillas:
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheese (you can use a blend of cheddar, Monterey Jack, or provolone)
- Butter or cooking spray for grilling
- Sour cream
- Sliced jalapeños
- Prepare the Steak Filling:
- Heat a large skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to the pan and sauté the sliced onions and green bell peppers until they start to soften, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and continue to cook for another 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Push the vegetables to one side of the pan and add the thinly sliced steak to the other side.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until it’s browned and cooked to your desired level of doneness. This should take about 5-6 minutes.
- Once the steak is cooked, mix it with the sautéed vegetables in the pan, and remove it from the heat.
- Assemble the Quesadillas:
- Heat a clean, large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat.
- Place one flour tortilla in the skillet.
- Sprinkle a generous portion of shredded cheese evenly over the tortilla.
- Spoon a portion of the steak and vegetable mixture over the cheese.
- Top with another tortilla and press down gently.
- Cook the Quesadilla:
- Cook the quesadilla for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the tortilla is crispy and golden brown, and the cheese is melted.
- You can use a spatula to flip it over carefully.
- Repeat and Keep Warm:
- Repeat the process with the remaining tortillas and filling to make more quesadillas.
- To keep the quesadillas warm while you make the others, you can place them on a baking sheet in a warm oven (around 200°F or 93°C).
- Once all the quesadillas are cooked, remove them from the oven if you used it to keep them warm.
- Cut each quesadilla into wedges, like a pizza.
- Serve hot with optional toppings like salsa, sour cream, sliced jalapeños, and guacamole on the side.
Enjoy your homemade Steak Cheese Steak Quesadillas! They make for a flavorful and satisfying meal that’s perfect for lunch or dinner.