Making a 2-ingredient orange sherbet is incredibly simple and requires just a few steps. Here’s a basic recipe for you:
- 2 cups of orange juice (freshly squeezed or store-bought)
- 1 cup of sweetened condensed milk
- Mixing bowl
- Ice cream maker
- Prepare your ice cream maker: Ensure your ice cream maker’s freezer bowl is properly frozen according to the manufacturer’s instructions. This usually takes several hours or overnight.
- Mix the ingredients: In a mixing bowl, combine the 2 cups of orange juice and 1 cup of sweetened condensed milk. Use a whisk to thoroughly blend the two ingredients together. You want a smooth and well-mixed mixture.
- Chill the mixture: Place the mixture in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to an hour to chill. This will help the sherbet freeze faster in the ice cream maker.
- Freeze in the ice cream maker: Once the mixture has chilled, set up your ice cream maker according to its instructions. Turn it on and pour the chilled mixture into the machine. Allow it to churn for about 20-25 minutes, or until it reaches a soft-serve consistency.
- Serve or freeze further: You can serve the orange sherbet immediately for a soft-serve texture. If you prefer a firmer texture, transfer the sherbet to an airtight container and freeze it for an additional 2-3 hours or until it hardens to your desired consistency.
- Enjoy: Scoop out your 2-ingredient orange sherbet into bowls or cones and enjoy!
- You can add a little orange zest to enhance the orange flavor.
- If you prefer a sweeter sherbet, you can add a few tablespoons of powdered sugar to the mixture.
That’s it! You’ve successfully made a simple and delicious 2-ingredient orange sherbet. Enjoy your homemade treat!