Caramel Pecan Dream Bars are a delicious dessert that combines the flavors of caramel, pecans, and a buttery crust. Here’s a basic recipe to help you prepare them:
For the crust:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
For the caramel layer:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
For the pecan topping:
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and line a 9×9-inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving some overhang on the sides for easy removal later.
- Prepare the Crust: In a medium bowl, combine the flour, softened butter, and granulated sugar. Mix until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking pan. You can use your hands or the back of a spoon to do this. Bake the crust in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, or until it’s lightly golden.
- Make the Caramel Layer: In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the 1/2 cup of butter. Stir in the brown sugar and corn syrup. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Once it starts boiling, gradually add the sweetened condensed milk while continuing to stir. Cook and stir for about 5-7 minutes, until the mixture thickens and turns a caramel color.
- Assemble the Bars: Pour the caramel mixture over the baked crust, spreading it evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle the chopped pecans over the caramel layer.
- Bake the Bars: Return the baking pan to the oven and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the caramel is bubbling and the pecans are toasted.
- Cool and Slice: Once the bars are done baking, remove the pan from the oven and let it cool completely on a wire rack. Once cooled, use the parchment paper overhang to lift the entire block of bars out of the pan. Place it on a cutting board and use a sharp knife to slice it into bars of your desired size.
- Serve: These Caramel Pecan Dream Bars are now ready to be enjoyed! They make a delightful treat for dessert or as a sweet snack.
Remember that baking times can vary, so keep an eye on the bars as they bake to ensure they don’t overcook. Enjoy your delicious homemade Caramel Pecan Dream Bars!