Sure, here’s a recipe for Hearty Kielbasa Soup with Potatoes:
- 1 lb (450 g) kielbasa sausage, sliced into rounds
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 4 cups (1 liter) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can (14 oz/400 g) diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Sauté the Kielbasa: In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the sliced kielbasa sausage and sauté until browned and slightly crispy. Remove the sausage from the pot and set it aside.
- Sauté the Aromatics: In the same pot, add the chopped onion and sauté for a few minutes until translucent. Add the minced garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add Vegetables: Add the diced potatoes, carrots, and celery to the pot. Sauté for about 5 minutes, allowing the vegetables to soften slightly.
- Add Broth and Tomatoes: Pour in the chicken or vegetable broth and add the diced tomatoes (including the juice). Stir to combine.
- Season: Add the dried thyme, dried oregano, bay leaf, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Simmer: Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover the pot and let the soup simmer for about 20-25 minutes, or until the potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Add Kielbasa Back: Once the vegetables are cooked, add the sautéed kielbasa sausage back into the pot. Stir to distribute the flavors.
- Adjust Seasoning: Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning with more salt and pepper if needed. Remember, the kielbasa is already salty, so be cautious with the additional salt.
- Serve: Remove the bay leaf from the soup. Ladle the hearty kielbasa soup into bowls. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
- Enjoy: Serve the soup hot with crusty bread or your favorite side.
This Hearty Kielbasa Soup with Potatoes is a comforting and flavorful dish that’s perfect for colder days. Feel free to customize it by adding other vegetables or herbs that you enjoy. Enjoy your homemade soup!