“Melt in Your Mouth Chicken” is a popular recipe that typically involves tender and flavorful chicken breasts. While there can be variations, here’s a basic recipe to get you started. Keep in mind that cooking times and ingredients might need to be adjusted based on your preferences and equipment.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary (optional)
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Prepare the Chicken: Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and pat them dry with paper towels. This helps the seasoning adhere better and promotes even browning.
- Mix the Coating: In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, grated Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, salt, dried thyme (if using), and dried rosemary (if using). Mix everything until well combined.
- Coat the Chicken: Generously coat each chicken breast with the mayonnaise mixture. You can use a spoon or your hands to evenly spread the mixture over the chicken.
- Bake: Place the coated chicken breasts in a baking dish. You can line the dish with parchment paper or lightly grease it to prevent sticking. Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C). The exact cooking time might vary based on the thickness of the chicken breasts.
- Broil for Crispy Top: If you’d like a golden and slightly crispy top, you can turn on the broiler for the last 2-3 minutes of cooking. Keep a close eye on the chicken to avoid burning.
- Garnish: Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the oven. Sprinkle chopped fresh parsley over the chicken for a burst of color and freshness.
- Serve: Serve the “Melt in Your Mouth Chicken” hot alongside your favorite side dishes. It pairs well with vegetables, rice, or a light salad.
Remember, cooking times can vary depending on your oven and the thickness of the chicken breasts, so always use an instant-read meat thermometer to ensure the chicken is fully cooked. The internal temperature should reach 165°F (74°C) for safe consumption.
Feel free to adjust the seasonings and ingredients according to your taste preferences. Enjoy your delicious and tender chicken dish!