Certainly, here’s a basic recipe for Farmer’s Casserole:
- 2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup cooked ham, diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×9 inch baking dish.
- Spread the thawed hash brown potatoes evenly in the greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle the diced ham over the hash browns.
- Sprinkle the chopped onion and green bell pepper over the ham.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the vegetables and ham.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Pour the egg mixture over the ingredients in the baking dish, ensuring even coverage.
- Use a fork to gently press down on the ingredients to make sure everything is evenly soaked with the egg mixture.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 45 to 50 minutes, or until the casserole is set and the top is golden brown.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Cut into squares or portions and serve warm.
Feel free to customize the recipe by adding other ingredients such as cooked bacon, different types of cheese, or additional vegetables. Enjoy your Farmer’s Casserole!
Please note that cooking times and temperatures might vary based on your oven, so keep an eye on the casserole as it bakes.