Roasted garlic mushrooms are a delicious and easy-to-make dish that can be served as a side or as a main course. Here’s a simple recipe to prepare roasted garlic mushrooms:
- 1 pound (450g) fresh mushrooms (such as button mushrooms or cremini mushrooms)
- 4-6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (or other herbs of your choice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat the oven: Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Clean and prep the mushrooms: Clean the mushrooms by wiping them with a damp cloth or paper towel. Remove any dirt and trim the stems if necessary. If the mushrooms are large, you can cut them in half or leave them whole if they are smaller.
- Make the marinade: In a mixing bowl, combine the minced garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dried thyme, salt, and pepper. Mix well to form a marinade.
- Marinate the mushrooms: Add the cleaned mushrooms to the bowl with the marinade and toss them until they are evenly coated.
- Roast the mushrooms: Spread the mushrooms in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Roast them in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until they are tender and slightly browned. You can toss them halfway through the roasting time for even cooking.
- Garnish and serve: Once the mushrooms are done roasting, transfer them to a serving dish. If desired, garnish with chopped fresh parsley for added flavor and presentation.
- Enjoy: Serve the roasted garlic mushrooms as a side dish alongside your main course or as a tasty topping for salads, pasta, or rice dishes.
Note: Feel free to customize this recipe by adding other herbs or spices that you like. You can also adjust the amount of garlic according to your taste preferences. Enjoy your delicious roasted garlic mushrooms!