To prepare Cinnamon Sugar Pecans, you’ll need a few simple ingredients and an oven. This recipe makes for a delicious and crunchy snack or a wonderful topping for salads, desserts, or oatmeal. Here’s a basic recipe for making Cinnamon Sugar Pecans:
- 1 pound (about 450g) pecan halves
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven: Preheat your oven to 250°F (120°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Beat the egg white: In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk the egg white and water together until the mixture becomes frothy.
- Add vanilla extract: Stir in the vanilla extract into the egg white mixture.
- Coat the pecans: Add the pecans to the egg white mixture and stir until all the pecans are coated evenly.
- Prepare the cinnamon sugar mixture: In a separate bowl, mix the granulated sugar, ground cinnamon, and salt (if using) until well combined.
- Coat pecans with cinnamon sugar: Pour the cinnamon sugar mixture over the coated pecans and toss until all the pecans are evenly coated with the sugar mixture.
- Spread on baking sheet: Spread the coated pecans in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven: Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for about 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes to ensure even baking. The pecans should become fragrant and crunchy as they bake.
- Cool and store: Remove the pecans from the oven and allow them to cool completely on the baking sheet. Once cooled, transfer them to an airtight container for storage. They will stay fresh for several weeks if stored properly.
Enjoy your homemade Cinnamon Sugar Pecans as a tasty snack or a delightful addition to your favorite dishes!