Stuffed Pepper Soup is a delicious and hearty dish that combines the flavors of stuffed peppers with a comforting soup. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to prepare it:
- 1 lb ground beef (or turkey or chicken for a lighter option)
- 1 cup diced onions
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced bell peppers (use a mix of colors for a vibrant look)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 4 cups beef broth (or vegetable broth for a vegetarian version)
- 1 cup cooked white rice (you can use brown rice if preferred)
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (optional, for topping)
- Fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- In a large soup pot or Dutch oven, cook the ground beef over medium heat until it’s browned and cooked through. If using turkey or chicken, add a little oil to the pot before cooking.
- Once the meat is cooked, add diced onions and minced garlic to the pot. Cook for a few minutes until the onions become translucent and fragrant.
- Stir in the diced bell peppers and cook for another 2-3 minutes, allowing them to soften slightly.
- Add the diced tomatoes (with juice) and tomato sauce to the pot. Mix everything together.
- Pour in the beef broth (or vegetable broth) and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper. Stir well and let the soup simmer for about 15-20 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Stir in the cooked white rice, making sure it’s evenly distributed in the soup.
- Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning as needed, adding more salt or pepper if desired.
- If you prefer a thicker soup, you can simmer it for a little longer to allow the flavors to intensify and the liquid to reduce slightly.
- Once the soup is ready, ladle it into individual serving bowls.
- Optional: Top each serving with shredded mozzarella cheese for added creaminess and a delicious cheesy flavor.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley or cilantro for a burst of color and freshness.
Your Stuffed Pepper Soup is now ready to be served! Enjoy this comforting and flavorful dish with some crusty bread on the side if you like. It also makes for great leftovers, so you can save some for later or share with family and friends.