Garlic Roasted Chicken and Potatoes is a delicious and easy-to-make recipe. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to prepare it:
- 4 chicken thighs or drumsticks (bone-in and skin-on)
- 4 large potatoes, cut into chunks
- 6-8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven: Start by preheating your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Prepare the chicken: Pat dry the chicken thighs or drumsticks using paper towels. This step will help achieve crispier skin. Set aside.
- Prepare the potatoes: Wash and cut the potatoes into medium-sized chunks. You can peel them if you prefer, but leaving the skin on adds extra flavor and texture. Place the potato chunks in a large bowl.
- Season the potatoes: In the bowl with the potatoes, add minced garlic, olive oil, dried thyme, dried rosemary, dried oregano, paprika, salt, and black pepper. Toss everything together until the potatoes are evenly coated with the seasoning.
- Arrange the chicken and potatoes: Take a large baking dish or a rimmed baking sheet. Place the seasoned chicken thighs or drumsticks on one side and the seasoned potatoes on the other side. Ensure they are in a single layer and not too crowded.
- Roast in the oven: Put the baking dish in the preheated oven and roast for about 30-35 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) and the potatoes are golden brown and tender. The cooking time may vary depending on the size of your chicken pieces and potatoes, so keep an eye on them.
- Rest and garnish: Once the chicken and potatoes are done, remove the baking dish from the oven. Allow the chicken to rest for a few minutes before serving. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley for added freshness and color.
Serve the Garlic Roasted Chicken and Potatoes with a side salad or steamed vegetables for a complete and satisfying meal.
Note: If you’re using boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, reduce the cooking time as they tend to cook faster than bone-in, skin-on pieces. Also, feel free to adjust the seasoning according to your taste preferences. Enjoy your flavorful and aromatic Garlic Roasted Chicken and Potatoes!