Certainly! Lemon Delight is a refreshing and delightful dessert. Here’s a classic recipe for Lemon Delight:
For the Crust:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (such as pecans or walnuts)
- For the First Layer:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup whipped topping (e.g., Cool Whip)
- For the Second Layer:
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) lemon instant pudding mix
- 2 3/4 cups cold milk
- 1 cup whipped topping (additional)
- Lemon zest for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Prepare the Crust:
In a bowl, combine the flour, softened butter, and chopped nuts.
Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
Bake the crust in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Allow it to cool completely.
3. First Layer:
In a medium bowl, beat together the powdered sugar, softened cream cheese, and 1 cup of whipped topping until smooth.
Spread this mixture over the cooled crust.
4. Second Layer:
In a separate bowl, whisk together the lemon instant pudding mix and cold milk until the pudding thickens.
Spread pudding mixture over cream cheese layer.
Spread an additional 1 cup of whipped topping over the lemon pudding layer.
Refrigerate the Lemon Delight for at least 4 hours or overnight to allow the layers to set.
7. Garnish and Serve:
Before serving, you can garnish with lemon zest for a burst of flavor and a decorative touch.
Cut into squares and serve chilled.
This Lemon Delight is a perfect combination of creamy, citrusy, and crunchy layers. Enjoy!