Crock Pot Mississippi Roast is a popular and delicious slow-cooked dish known for its rich, savory flavors. It’s typically made with a beef roast, but you can also use pork or chicken if you prefer. Here’s a basic recipe for preparing Crock Pot Mississippi Roast:
- 3-4 pounds beef roast (such as chuck roast)
- 1 packet (1 ounce) ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet (1 ounce) au jus gravy mix
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 6-8 pepperoncini peppers (you can adjust the number based on your heat preference)
- 1/2 cup pepperoncini pepper juice (from the jar)
- Fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Place the beef roast in your slow cooker or Crock Pot.
- Sprinkle the ranch dressing mix and au jus gravy mix over the top of the roast.
- Add the unsalted butter on top of the roast.
- Place the pepperoncini peppers on and around the roast. You can add more or fewer peppers depending on your desired level of spiciness.
- Pour the 1/2 cup of pepperoncini pepper juice over everything in the slow cooker.
- Cover the slow cooker with its lid.
- Cook on low for about 8 hours or until the meat is tender and easily shreds with a fork. You can also cook it on high for approximately 4-5 hours, but low and slow will yield the best results.
- Once the roast is fully cooked, use two forks to shred the meat inside the slow cooker. It should be very tender and easy to pull apart.
- Give everything in the slow cooker a good stir to mix the meat and flavors together.
- Serve the Mississippi Roast over mashed potatoes, rice, or with crusty bread for sandwiches. You can also drizzle some of the cooking juices from the slow cooker over the meat for added flavor.
- If desired, garnish with fresh parsley for a pop of color and extra freshness.
Enjoy your Crock Pot Mississippi Roast! This dish is known for its flavorful, tender meat and a delicious combination of savory and slightly spicy flavors.