Crack Chicken Soup is a delicious and creamy soup that combines the flavors of ranch seasoning, bacon, chicken, and cheese. It’s a comfort food favorite. Here’s how to prepare it:
For the soup:
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 packet (1 oz) of ranch seasoning mix
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 1 cup of chopped carrots
- 1 cup of diced onions
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the creamy mixture:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Chopped green onions
- Additional shredded cheddar cheese
- Cooked and crumbled bacon
- Start by cooking the chicken. You can do this by poaching it in the chicken broth or by using a rotisserie chicken. If using fresh chicken breasts, place them in a large pot with the chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken, shred it with two forks, and set it aside.
- In the same pot, add the chopped celery, carrots, and onions. Sauté them for about 5-7 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add the minced garlic, dried thyme, dried rosemary, ranch seasoning mix, salt, and pepper. Stir well and cook for another 2-3 minutes to release the flavors of the seasonings.
- Return the shredded chicken to the pot and let it all simmer together for a few more minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, and sour cream until it’s a smooth and creamy mixture.
- Add the creamy mixture to the soup and stir until it’s well combined.
- Simmer the soup on low heat, stirring occasionally, until it’s heated through and the cheese is completely melted. Be careful not to boil the soup, as it can cause the cheese to separate.
- Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning with more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve the Crack Chicken Soup hot, garnished with chopped green onions, additional shredded cheddar cheese, and more crumbled bacon.
Enjoy your homemade Crack Chicken Soup! It’s a creamy and flavorful comfort food that’s perfect for a cozy meal.