Corn casserole is a delicious and easy-to-make side dish that’s perfect for a variety of occasions. Here’s a basic recipe for corn casserole:
- 1 can (15.25 oz) of whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14.75 oz) of cream-style corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick)
- 1 box (8.5 oz) of cornbread mix (such as Jiffy)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish or a similar-sized casserole dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the drained whole kernel corn and the cream-style corn. Mix them together.
- Add the sour cream, melted butter, and cornbread mix to the bowl. Mix everything together until well combined.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and then add them to the mixture. Stir until all the ingredients are fully combined.
- If you like a cheesy corn casserole, you can mix in half of the shredded cheddar cheese at this point.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste. You can start with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper and adjust to your preference.
- Pour the mixture into the greased baking dish. If you didn’t mix in the cheese earlier, you can sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 45-55 minutes or until the casserole is set and the top is golden brown. The cooking time can vary slightly depending on your oven, so keep an eye on it.
- Once the corn casserole is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve your corn casserole as a side dish at a family dinner, holiday gathering, or any occasion you prefer.
Feel free to customize this basic recipe by adding ingredients like diced jalapeños for a spicy kick or crumbled bacon for extra flavor. Enjoy your delicious homemade corn casserole!