Egg rolls in a bowl is a delicious and easy-to-make recipe that captures the flavors of traditional egg rolls without the need for wrapping and frying. Here’s a simple recipe to prepare Egg Rolls in a Bowl:
- 1 lb ground pork or chicken (you can also use ground turkey or beef)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 small head of cabbage, shredded
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Sesame seeds (optional, for garnish)
- Sliced green onions (optional, for garnish)
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground pork or chicken to the skillet and cook until browned and fully cooked, breaking it apart with a spoon as it cooks.
- Once the meat is cooked, add the chopped onions, minced garlic, and grated ginger to the skillet. Sauté for a few minutes until the onions become translucent and fragrant.
- In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, and rice vinegar. Pour the sauce mixture over the meat and vegetables in the skillet.
- Add the shredded cabbage and grated carrots to the skillet. Toss everything together until the cabbage wilts and the vegetables are well coated with the sauce.
- Cook the mixture for an additional 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage and carrots are tender but still slightly crunchy.
- Finally, add the thinly sliced green onions and give it a quick stir to incorporate them into the mixture.
- Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Serve the Egg Rolls in a Bowl hot and garnish with sesame seeds and additional sliced green onions if desired.
Enjoy your delicious and healthier version of Egg Rolls in a Bowl! This dish is typically served on its own, but you can also serve it with steamed rice or noodles if you prefer. Feel free to adjust the seasonings and ingredients to suit your taste.