Here’s a recipe for Baked Potato Salad:
- 4 large potatoes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Scrub the potatoes thoroughly to remove any dirt, and pat them dry.
- Prick the potatoes all over with a fork to create small holes. This will allow steam to escape during baking. Place the potatoes directly on the oven rack and bake for about 45-60 minutes, or until they are tender and easily pierced with a fork.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes until they are comfortable to handle. Cut the potatoes into bite-sized pieces and transfer them to a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper until well combined. This will be the dressing for the salad.
- Pour the dressing over the potatoes and gently toss to coat them evenly. Add the diced celery, red onion, chopped parsley, and crumbled bacon. Mix everything together until well combined.
- Taste the salad and adjust the seasoning with more salt and pepper if needed. If you prefer a creamier salad, you can add more mayonnaise or sour cream at this point.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a lid and refrigerate the potato salad for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Before serving, give the salad a final toss to redistribute the dressing. You can garnish with additional parsley and bacon if desired.
Enjoy your delicious baked potato salad as a side dish or a light meal!