Certainly! Here’s a recipe for Butter Swim Biscuits:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- Additional melted butter for brushing
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
- Add the cold, cubed butter to the flour mixture. Using a pastry cutter or your fingers, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture and pour in the buttermilk. Stir the mixture with a wooden spoon or spatula until it starts to come together into a dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead it a few times until it becomes a cohesive dough. Be careful not to over-knead, as this can result in tough biscuits.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of about 1 inch. Using a round biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits from the dough. Place them on the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 1 inch apart.
- Take a small spoonful of melted butter and pour it directly over the top of each biscuit, allowing the butter to pool and collect around the biscuits.
- Bake the biscuits in the preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes or until they are golden brown on top and cooked through.
- Once baked, remove the biscuits from the oven and brush the tops with additional melted butter for a glossy finish.
- Serve the Butter Swim Biscuits warm and enjoy!
These biscuits are best enjoyed fresh out of the oven. They can be served with butter, jam, or as a side to soups, stews, or any other dish of your choice.