Here’s a recipe for Peanut Butter Balls with Chocolate Rice Krispies:
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups chocolate Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter and honey. Stir until well combined and smooth.
- Add the chocolate Rice Krispies cereal to the peanut butter mixture. Mix well, ensuring that all the cereal is evenly coated.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar to the mixture, stirring as you go. The mixture should become thicker and easier to handle.
- Once the mixture is well combined, shape it into small balls, approximately 1 inch in diameter. Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and vegetable shortening. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Using a fork or a toothpick, dip each peanut butter ball into the melted chocolate, coating it completely. Allow any excess chocolate to drip off, then return the coated ball to the baking sheet.
- Repeat the dipping process for all the peanut butter balls.
- Once all the balls are coated, place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes or until the chocolate has set.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, remove the peanut butter balls from the refrigerator and serve. You can store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
Enjoy your delicious Peanut Butter Balls with Chocolate Rice Krispies!