Here’s a simple recipe for Zucchini Garlic Bites:
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for frying
- Start by washing the zucchinis thoroughly. Trim the ends and cut them into bite-sized pieces, about 1 inch in length. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the minced garlic, grated Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, chopped parsley, eggs, salt, and pepper. Mix everything together until well combined.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and add enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Take a zucchini piece and dip it into the egg mixture, ensuring it is coated on all sides. Then, roll it in the bread crumb mixture, pressing gently to help the coating adhere. Place the coated zucchini bite onto a plate or tray, and repeat the process with the remaining zucchini pieces.
- Once the oil is hot, carefully place the coated zucchini bites into the pan. Cook them in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan. Fry the bites for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they turn golden brown and crispy.
- As the zucchini bites finish cooking, remove them from the pan and place them on a plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess oil.
- Serve the Zucchini Garlic Bites while they’re still warm. They make a great appetizer or snack. You can also serve them with marinara sauce, ranch dressing, or a garlic aioli for dipping.
Enjoy your delicious Zucchini Garlic Bites!