No-Bake Chocolate Éclair Cake is a delicious dessert that requires no baking. It’s a layered cake made with graham crackers, a creamy chocolate filling, and topped with a luscious chocolate ganache. Here’s a simple recipe to help you prepare it:
- 2 packages of graham crackers
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 box of instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups of whipped topping (such as Cool Whip)
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the milk and instant chocolate pudding mix until the pudding thickens. Allow it to set for a couple of minutes.
- Fold in the whipped topping into the pudding mixture until well combined. This will create a creamy filling.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. This will be used to make a homemade whipped cream.
- Gently fold half of the whipped cream into the chocolate pudding mixture. Reserve the remaining half for later.
- In a 9×13-inch baking dish, arrange a single layer of graham crackers to cover the bottom.
- Spread half of the chocolate pudding mixture evenly over the graham cracker layer.
- Add another layer of graham crackers on top of the pudding mixture, followed by the remaining chocolate pudding mixture.
- Place a final layer of graham crackers on top.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and butter. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate chips are melted and smooth. Be careful not to overheat.
- Pour the melted chocolate ganache over the top layer of graham crackers, spreading it evenly with a spatula.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 4 hours, or overnight, to allow it to set and the flavors to meld together.
- Before serving, spread the reserved whipped cream over the chocolate ganache layer.
- You can garnish the cake with additional chocolate shavings, sprinkles, or any desired toppings.
- Slice and serve the No-Bake Chocolate Éclair Cake, and enjoy!
This recipe is quite versatile, so feel free to make adjustments according to your taste preferences. You can also experiment with different flavors of pudding or add layers of sliced bananas or strawberries for variation.