Certainly! Here’s a recipe for Grandma’s Biscuits:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt until well combined.
- Add the cold, diced butter to the dry ingredients. Use a pastry cutter or your fingertips to cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. The butter should be well distributed throughout the flour.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture and pour in the milk. Stir gently with a fork until the dough comes together. Be careful not to overmix.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead it a few times until it becomes smooth. Be careful not to overwork the dough as this can result in tough biscuits.
- Roll out the dough to about 1/2 inch (1.3 cm) thickness. Use a biscuit cutter or a round cookie cutter to cut out biscuits. Place the biscuits onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving a small amount of space between each one.
- Gather the scraps of dough, knead them together, and roll out again to cut out more biscuits until all the dough is used.
- Bake the biscuits in the preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes, or until they turn golden brown on top.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven and transfer them to a wire rack to cool slightly before serving.
- Serve warm with butter, jam, or your favorite accompaniment.
Enjoy your homemade Grandma’s Biscuits!