Here’s a recipe for Southern Chocolate Cobbler:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray or butter.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, granulated sugar, and cocoa powder until well combined.
- Add the milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients. Stir until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking dish, spreading it out evenly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar, and cocoa powder for the topping. Mix well.
- Sprinkle the sugar and cocoa mixture evenly over the batter in the baking dish.
- Carefully pour the boiling water over the top. Do not stir.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 40-45 minutes or until the top is set and the edges are bubbling.
- Remove the cobbler from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
Enjoy your delicious Southern Chocolate Cobbler!