Here’s a recipe for a delicious Strawberry Pound Cake:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, diced
- Optional: powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan or a bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the sour cream. Begin and end with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Gently fold in the diced strawberries, being careful not to crush them too much.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf or bundt pan, spreading it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 60-75 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. The baking time may vary, so keep an eye on the cake and adjust accordingly.
- Once baked, remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Optional: Dust the cooled cake with powdered sugar for a decorative touch.
- Slice and serve the Strawberry Pound Cake on its own or with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
Note: Make sure the strawberries are fresh and ripe for the best flavor. You can adjust the amount of strawberries according to your preference.