Sure! Here’s a recipe for Jalapeño Cheddar Focaccia:
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ¼ teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 cup warm water (around 110°F/43°C)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-3 jalapeño peppers, sliced
- Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, and instant yeast.
- Add the warm water and olive oil to the dry ingredients. Stir well until a sticky dough forms.
- Transfer the dough onto a floured surface and knead for about 5-7 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic. Add more flour as needed if the dough is too sticky.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a clean kitchen towel, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease a baking sheet or line it with parchment paper.
- Once the dough has risen, punch it down gently to release the air. Transfer it to the prepared baking sheet and use your hands to stretch it out to fit the pan. You can also shape it into a rectangle or circle.
- Press the sliced jalapeño peppers onto the surface of the dough, evenly distributing them. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the top.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the jalapeños and cheese. Sprinkle some coarse sea salt on top.
- Bake the focaccia in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the focaccia from the oven and let it cool slightly before slicing and serving. It’s best enjoyed warm.
Your Jalapeño Cheddar Focaccia is now ready to be served! Enjoy it as a delicious snack or as a side dish with soups, salads, or any meal of your choice.