Sure! Here’s a recipe for Dad’s Creamy Cucumber Salad:
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill (or 1 teaspoon fresh dill)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by preparing the cucumbers. Wash them thoroughly under cold water and then peel the skin off. If desired, you can leave some strips of skin for added texture and presentation. Slice the cucumbers into thin rounds and set them aside.
- Peel the small onion and slice it thinly. You can use a mandoline or a sharp knife to achieve thin and even slices. Add the sliced onion to the cucumbers.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, white vinegar, sugar, dried dill (or fresh dill), salt, and pepper. Whisk everything together until well combined and the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the dressing over the sliced cucumbers and onions. Gently toss the salad to coat the vegetables evenly with the creamy dressing. Make sure all the cucumber slices and onion slices are well coated.
- Once the salad is thoroughly mixed, cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. This will allow the flavors to meld together and the cucumbers to become crisp and flavorful.
- Just before serving, give the salad a final toss to redistribute the dressing. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary. You can sprinkle some additional dill on top for garnish if desired.
- Serve Dad’s Creamy Cucumber Salad chilled as a refreshing side dish. It pairs well with grilled meats, sandwiches, or as a standalone salad.
Enjoy your Dad’s Creamy Cucumber Salad!