Here’s a recipe for Fantastic Meatball Casserole:
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, chopped onion, parsley, oregano, salt, and black pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Shape the meat mixture into meatballs, about 1 to 1 ½ inches in diameter. You should get around 24 meatballs.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add a drizzle of oil. Brown the meatballs in batches, turning them occasionally to ensure they cook evenly. Remove the browned meatballs from the skillet and set them aside.
- In a baking dish, spread a thin layer of marinara sauce to coat the bottom. Place the meatballs on top of the sauce.
- Pour the remaining marinara sauce over the meatballs, making sure they are fully covered. Spread the shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheeses evenly over the top.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Once done, remove the casserole from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Garnish with fresh basil leaves if desired.
- Serve the Fantastic Meatball Casserole hot with pasta, garlic bread, or a side salad.
Enjoy your Fantastic Meatball Casserole!