Here’s a recipe for sliced baked potatoes:
- 4 medium-sized potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, chopped chives, bacon bits, sour cream, etc.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly under running water to remove any dirt. Pat them dry with a clean towel.
- Slice the potatoes into thin, even slices. You can do this by placing a potato on a cutting board and using a sharp knife to make vertical cuts about 1/8-inch (3 mm) apart across the entire length of the potato. Be careful not to cut all the way through the potato. Repeat with the remaining potatoes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, minced garlic, dried thyme, dried rosemary, salt, and black pepper.
- Place the sliced potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or lightly greased with oil. Make sure to spread them out in a single layer.
- Using a pastry brush or a spoon, generously brush the seasoned olive oil mixture over the sliced potatoes, making sure to get in between the slices.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden brown and crispy on the edges.
- If desired, remove the baking sheet from the oven, sprinkle shredded cheese over the potatoes, and return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted and bubbly.
- Once done, remove the potatoes from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes. Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve the sliced baked potatoes hot as a delicious side dish. You can garnish them with chopped chives, bacon bits, sour cream, or any other toppings of your choice.
Enjoy your tasty sliced baked potatoes!